Don't Settle For Less

A great Settlement is never an accident! We Are here to help you and our firm is designed To Win Your Injury Case! Call and let us Show You!

Frequently Asked Questions

Highly Experienced St. Louis Personal Injury Attorneys

If you have been involved in an accident caused by another's negligent behavior, you will need a skilled St. Louis personal injury lawyer to represent you. At Cantor Injury Law, we are highly compassionate towards what you and your family are currently going through.

Q: What are common causes of slip and fall accidents?
A: There are many different situations which can lead to a slip and fall accident. Most commonly slip and falls occur because of property which is not properly maintained. This may include broken stairs, missing railings, and slippery floors or concrete. Property owners have a responsibility to protect or warn their guests of dangerous property conditions, and if they fail to do so, they can be held liable.

Q: Should I accept a settlement offered by the other party's insurance company?
A: No, you should always speak with your attorney before you accept any type of settlement offer. The insurance company will rarely have your best interest in mind when making an offer. It is important that you have a legal advisor advocating for you. Insurance companies hire lawyers to advise them of their legal rights, and it is vital that you are given the same protection. There are limited time periods in which lawsuits may be brought following an accident or injury, so it is especially important to consult with an attorney to preserve your legal rights.

Q: What types of injuries are classified as catastrophic?
A: Catastrophic injury typically refers to one which requires full-time care and/or causes chronic pain, speech problems, comprehension problems, restricts you from being able to work, or move voluntarily. Some catastrophic injuries will heal after several years, but others will last a lifetime. When a catastrophic injury is caused by another person's negligence - such as a truck driver speeding on a highway or a doctor who fails to prescribe a vital medication - he or she should be held fully responsible for all of the damages caused, which may include lifelong medical care.

Q: Can I file a lawsuit against another person for an animal attack?
A: If you were legally allowed to be on someone else's property and their dog or animal was not properly trained or restrained and they attacked you, you may have grounds for a personal injury suit. Depending on the circumstances, a lawsuit can be brought against the owners of the animal or the owner of the property on which the animal was kept.

Q: How do I know if my injury was caused by medical malpractice?
A: Do you believe that your injury or illness was caused by a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare practitioner who has behaved negligently? In most states, this means that the doctor breached the standard of care he or she owed to the patient, which translates to doing something a reasonable doctor would not have done, or failing to do something a reasonable doctor would do. Our St. Louis personal injury lawyers can help determine exactly what occurred and whether they were at fault. However, you should know that Mark Cantor is very selective in accepting medical malpractice cases and only handles cases against doctors and hospitals if presented with clear and convincing evidence that the standard of care was violated and that it caused damages. This is a higher standard than the law requires because we want to be careful and sue only those that deserve to be sued.

Please call our office now at (314) 485-4005 to make an appointment for a complimentary case evaluation.

Contact Cantor Injury Law Today

Put Our Award-Winning Attorney To Work For You

Reach Out To A Professional